Sunday, May 29, 2011

Scary Sunday....

Scary Sunday movie pick is:



http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0898367/

I am always interested in post apocalyptic film and this one was a bit different for me.  It was perhaps the best portrayal of a bleak and desolate world that I have ever seen.  Maybe it was the little boy, wandering with his Dad, trying to stay alive in this harsh environment that got me!  I am  really not sure, but it kind of gripped me on the inside.
The entire trip for me, was very somber...there were some interesting moments and a drive between the father and son that sometimes left me to ponder.
What I did like about it, is that I think it really captured what it might be like to do without.  We do not do without much here, in the US.  I know that I am fortunate to be working and have a roof over my head, and a warm bed to sleep in.  Lately, there was some upheaval at my work and I did wonder how long I was going to continue to be lucky.  I had my overpass all picked out, at least under an overpass one might stay dry in a storm...It seems like for most of us, these days, that we are all just one paycheck away from disaster!
So, seeing this bleak world in my face a dirty, treeless, grimy place, well, it really made me think!  It is amazing and wonderful to take a hot shower with sweet smelling soap.  It is a blessing to have a cup of coffee or a glass of clean water, whenever I choose.  Clean sheets and clothes and locks on my doors, are not too bad either!  A keen appreciation of small things, that is what this film gave me.
I also loved a quest aspect of the movie.  The Father and Son had never seen the ocean and that is where they were headed.  I am a believer in being closer to God and his essence of creation near the ocean, so it fit for me.
If you like these kinds of movies, this is one to watch.  It is not happy, but it can aid you in easily find things to be happy about;  small, everyday things that we take for granted.  If you need some grounding or a sense of how good your life really is, please watch "The Road"!  This one will make it easier for you to count your blessings.

Have a great day...new movie next week!

1 comment:

  1. This movie pissed me off SO much - I was on a tangent about it for weeks. I had read the book first (which is difficult as all her - very little punctuation and all over the place writing - for whatever reason) - but I gave the movie a shot hoping the visual would redeem it.

    Nope.

    Pissed off all over again...

    And even NOW I am riled up.

    Grrr.

    (Glad you enjoyed it though. Sorry for hijacking your post.)

    ReplyDelete